How Many Chiropractic Adjustments Will it Take?
We wish we could snap our fingers for each and every one of our patients and instantly remove all pain and discomfort. We also wish we could tell you exactly how many adjustments it will take to improve or eliminate your specific issue. We don’t always know. However, we also don’t suggest doing something you don’t need.
Need to make an appointment? Call (517) 781-4884 or click here.
There are a lot of factors that go into healing your body and how much time it will take – and how many adjustments. Some of them include:
- How long has the problem existed?
- How active are you?
- Are you stretching and doing things at home to improve your situation?
- Are there any other underlying health issues?
- Are you taking any medications?
- What is your diet like?
- How much water do you drink?
- What is your stress level?
Though no two situations are the same, achieving overall wellness and relief through chiropractic care can begin with understanding how many adjustments will be necessary in order to restore balance to your body.
With regular visits over a period of time tailored specifically for each individual patient’s needs and goals, receiving the proper number of spinal manipulations could make all the difference between feeling pains and aches that take away from productivity or living pain-free without having to worry about them impeding daily activities.
How many chiropractic adjustments will it take to fix my problem?
We have many types of patients that come see us for all types of reasons.
- Regular maintenance. Many clients come to us on a regular basis; every week, every two weeks, once a month, etc. They do this to maintain their health and keep their body in top performance. This is like doing all the maintenance on your car to keep it running efficiently.
- When something hurts. Some of our clients only come to us when something hurts. Maybe they have a pinched nerve, their balance is off, they are suffering from chronic headaches or any number of reasons.
- Newborns. Squeezing through the birth canal or experiencing a C-Section can be hard on babies’ bodies. A newborn chiro check-up and regular care can ensure that all those precious, malleable bones are in the right place.
- Car Accidents (or other injuries). You may be recommended for chiropractic care by your primary care doctor after an accident.
Many people go through a “phase” of needing more adjustments than others.
This is certainly true with an injury or severe issue. We may recommend that you come to see us for an adjustment 2-3 times a week for a couple of weeks or until you start to improve. Sometimes we play it by ear to see how your body responds and how you are feeling.
Other times, once a week (or less) may be all you need. Ultimately, it is always up to you, but we will always give you our best recommendations for your unique situation. We realize everyone is busy and you have things to do, like getting back to your life pain-free. We certainly won’t recommend more chiropractic adjustments than you need or that are practical.
Can I do anything at home to help speed up the healing process between adjustments?
Yes! We are always giving our patients recommendations on stretches, light exercise, posture, proper work habits, and more to help improve their lives every day.
Listen to your body and don’t push yourself too hard.
How many adjustments will it take to feel better?
The answer is different for everyone. However, you can trust that we will work with you to determine the best care plan based on your individual needs. If you want to learn more about how chiropractic care could benefit you, or if you’re ready to schedule an appointment, give us a call today. We’ll be happy to answer any of your questions and help get you started on the path toward optimal health and wellness.
Call (517) 781-4884 or click here.
To find out more about Dr. Ryan and Dr. Allyson and their chiropractic practice and philosophy, click here.
Learn more about their healthy lifestyle and get some great tips on making some small changes that will have huge benefits.