September is Pain Awareness Month. This means shedding light on chronic pain so we can understand more about the underlying causes of pain to improve treatments and alleviate suffering.
Chronic pain is defined as persistent pain lasting at least three months. It has many underlying causes, from misalignment, arthritis, scar tissue, injury, illness, cancer, and more. It affects more than 50 million adults in the U.S. and costs the nation up to $635 billion annually.
This got us thinking about how many of our patients initially come to us because they have been living with pain for too long and don’t know what else to do. Chronic pain and pain management are very real and debilitating issues. A lot of times it can be improved with chiropractic care.
I had severe muscle spasms and leg cramps several times a night. After two treatments I was extremely improved. Now I am more likely to sleep through the night without muscle spasms. He is also helping with breathing issues and a stiff neck and getting my arthritic joints throughout my body back into alignment. – Jeanne B
Important Things to Know About Pain
- Pain is a warning sign that indicates a problem that needs attention.
- Pain starts in receptor nerve cells located beneath the skin and in organs throughout the body.
- Living with pain can be debilitating and adversely affect everyday life.
I have always been a sufferer of migraines and have utilized chiropractic care to help with this. My migraines have dramatically decreased since going here and my overall health has improved immensely. – Shannon D
Pain Awareness Month Statistics
- Chronic Pain. More than 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. experience some type of chronic pain (source).
- Back Pain. According to the National Institutes of Health, eight out of ten people will have back pain at some time in their life.
- Headaches. Millions of people get crippling headaches, and there are dozens of different headache types — but receiving the right diagnosis is key to getting the right treatment.
- Arthritis. About 15 million adults report severe joint pain due to arthritis. (source)
My wife and I both are disabled Veterans who used our VA Healthcare to go there. Dr. Moore does not just provide chiropractic care; he also provides zoning techniques that target different body functions. Both my wife and I saw immediate results that helped us with our back and joint pain. – Daniel S
Do You Suffer from Chronic Pain?
If you are someone you know is suffering from chronic pain it is time to make a chiropractic appointment. Chiropractic adjustments don’t always eliminate all pain. However, when your body is in alignment, you sleep better, fight allergies better, have more energy, and move easier. It’s like a tune-up for your body which is always a good thing. It can’t hurt – and maybe you will hurt less!
How are you going to improve your health this month?
We want to hear your ideas. What can we help you with this month?
To find more about Dr. Ryan and Dr. Allyson more and their chiropractic practice and philosophy, click here. To make an appointment please call (517) 781-4884